Getting What You Need: A Consumer’s Guide to Eating Disorder TreatmentMedia
Getting What You Need: A Consumer’s Guide to Eating Disorder Treatment
As an RD, have you ever felt a little uneasy about your training or what you offered a client diagnosed with an eating disorder? Presenter Carrie Arnold is an author, blogger and person in recovery from anorexia nervosa. Carrie will share professional and personal experience related to eating disorders. Viewers will gain a greater understanding of the specific dos and don’ts of treating someone with an eating disorder.
- Learn helpful tips, advice and communication tools that should be included in counseling conversations for a person with an eating disorder.
- Learn about the “eating disorder” voice and when it is fooling the dietitian.
- Identify 3 pieces of advice from an RD that would be helpful to share in every counseling session with an eating disordered person.
- Identify at least 3 communication points that should not be included in counseling conversations with a person with an eating disorder.
- Learn more about the “eating disorder” voice and when it is fooling the dietitian.
Carrie Arnold is the author of ED Bites, an award-winning and popular eating disorder blog. When she's not blogging about eating disorders, she works as a freelance science and nature writer. She is the author of Running on Empty and Next to Nothing and has just published her third book Decoding Anorexia: How Breakthroughs in Science Offer Hope for Eating Disorders. Carrie is also on the Professional Advisory Panel of F.E.A.S.T., and a founding board member of the Eating Disorder Information Gateway.
Cost: Free between February 4 – March 4
Continuing Education: No CPE Provided
How to watch:
Once you have ordered your free webinar it will be available in My Profile, an area of the website where all your orders and media are saved. Access them anytime by signing in on the SCAN homepage with your UserID and password. If you are a Member of SCAN you will click on the green Member Access button. If you are not a member you will click on the My Profile link. Next you will be directed to your My Profile page and can access the webinar under Media. After viewing the webinar you can take the quiz for CPE online by following the link at the bottom of the Media page.