Promoting Sports Dietetics
Use these resources and ‘walk the talk’ by promoting sports dietitians and the Board Certification as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) credential to RDs, students, nutrition faculty and to employers, certified athletic trainers, coaches, strength and conditioning consultants, personal trainers, and health/fitness professionals.
The CSSD credential:
- Premier sports nutrition professional credential in the United States
- Enhances the visibility and marketability of sports dietitians
- Who are CSSDs? for employers, health/fitness professionals (pdf)
- Credential comparison: compares the CSSD to other sports nutrition credentials (pdf)
- Contact the Commission on Dietetic Registration for information about the CSSD credential: www.cdrnet.org
Want to Get Involved in the SCAN-NATA Partnership?
Interested in speaking at a NATA Approved Provider Program? Have speaking experience promoting the field of sports dietetics? SCAN is looking for interested members to speak to certified athletic trainers (ATCs) and promote our sports RDNs to local audiences.
The SCAN-NATA Committee has developed a PowerPoint presentation that highlights the collaborative working relationship of sports RDNs and ATCs. Any SCAN member can apply to offer this presentation at an NATA approved provider program.
SCAN benefits from increased exposure, NATA members benefit by connecting with a local nutrition expert, and you can benefit from potential referrals. Approved applicants receive a $150 honorarium from SCAN in addition to any reimbursement offered by the hosting NATA approved provider. Applications can be submitted for all levels of symposia including local/clinic, league, state, regional, or district events. Please allow 2 – 4 weeks for review of your application.
Promotional Video: Sports Nutrition, Who Delivers?
As SCAN sports dietitians, you know you’re the experts. Use this video as a marketing tool to show how hear athletes, coaches, and employers benefit from working with SCAN sports dietitians.
- Include the link to the video in your email signature.
- Show the video at your presentations.
- Share the video with athletes, coaches, sports medicine team members, and prospective employers