Working with a Sports Nutritionist
Consult a Sports Dietitian
A sports dietitian is the smart choice for high quality sports nutrition guidance and other sports nutrition services, including sports nutrition program development and management.
A Board Certified Sports Dietitian (CSSD) is a registered dietitian who has earned the premier professional sports nutrition credential in the U.S. CSSDs provide safe, effective, evidence-based nutrition services for health, fitness, and athletic performance.
Sports Dietitians work in these areas:
- Athletic performance companies
- Collegiate sports
- Corporate wellness
- Professional sports
- Private practice
- Sports food industry
- Sports medicine clinics
- Student health
- U.S. Olympics Training Centers
Share these handouts with your clients
- Sports Nutrition Fact Sheets
- Board Certification as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics brochure (pdf)
- Who are CSSDs? for employers, health/fitness professionals (pdf)
- Credential comparison: compares the CSSD to other sports nutrition credentials (pdf)
Page updated July 2013
Video: Sports Nutrition: Who Delivers?
Click on the video to begin play. The screen will be black while the video is loading.
You may also download this video.