Find a SCAN RD
A SCAN RD is a Registered Dietitian with the training, expertise, and desire to help you live and perform optimally through good nutrition at every stage of life. We can help you to EAT RIGHT!
How to use Find a Scan RD Advanced Search
Search by City
Enter the name of the city and click FIND.
Hint: Because there are many duplicate city names, use the pull down menu for State to narrow your search
Search by State
Use the pull down menu to find the name of the state and click FIND.
Hint: Large states have several hundred RDs so you may want to narrow your search in other ways
Search by Zip Code
Enter a zip code and click FIND.
Hint: Metropolitan areas may have several zip codes within a small geographical area so it is best to combine a zip code search with the Search Radius feature
Search by Country
Use the pull down menu to find the name of the country and click FIND.
Hint: The majority of SCAN RDs are in the U.S., however, SCAN RDs are in many countries across the world
Search by Search Radius (in Miles)
Use Search Radius to narrow a zip code search by putting in the number of miles from that zip code you are willing to travel and click FIND.
Hint: This feature is used to narrow a zip code search
Search by Dietitian’s Name (First, Last, Company)
Enter a first name, last name, first and last (without a comma), or company name and click FIND.
Hint: Check spelling carefully as this will be an exact match
Search by Dietitian’s Area of Expertise
Check one or more areas of expertise and click FIND.
Hint: Areas of expertise are explained below
- Cardiovascular Health: RDs who are experts in promoting cardiovascular health through nutrition counseling and guidance by providing information about prevention as well as individualized medical nutrition therapy.]
- Disordered Eating and Eating Disorders: RDs who are dedicated to promoting nutrition practices that aid in the prevention of harmful eating behaviors, the promotion of recovery from disordered eating and eating disorders, and the development of lifelong healthful attitudes and behaviors related to food, body weight and physical activity.
- Sports Nutrition: RDs with general knowledge of exercise physiology and sport who assist athletes in designing diets and meal plans that support optimal training, performance, and health.
- CSSD (Board Certified as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics): RDs who have advanced knowledge, skill, and experience in exercise and sport and are credentialed specialists in designing diets and meal plans that support optimal training, performance, and health.
- Wellness and Weight Management: RDs who specialize in promoting heart health, wellness, and weight management, through preventive nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy.