Sports Performance is dedicated to promoting nutrition practices that enhance lifelong health, fitness, and sports performance; and advancing the vocation of sports dietetics. Sports Performance members are the source of sports nutrition information and services, empowering individuals to achieve optimal health and performance.
ABOUT SPORTS DIETITIANS
The sports dietitian provides individual and group/team nutrition counseling and education to enhance the performance of competitive and recreational athletes, on-site and during travel. Primary responsibilities include counseling individuals and groups on daily nutrition for performance and health; translating the latest scientific evidence into practical sports nutrition recommendations; tracking and documenting outcomes of nutrition services, serving as a food and nutrition resource for coaches, trainers, and parents; providing sports nutrition education for health/wellness programs, athletic teams, and community groups; and maintaining professional competency and skills required for professional practice.
Sports Dietitian Job Description
MILESTONES & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- June 2017: Launched the Expanding the Arena Initiative
- May 2017: Formalized partnership with PINES (Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise and Sport)
- 2014: Signed a network agreement with the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
- 2013: Began developing collegiate sports nutrition resources in partnership with the NCAA
- 2006: Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) credential launched by CDR
- 2004: Sports Performance created as a SCAN subunit
View Complete List of Milestones
SCAN has a number of professional resources recommended for the Sports Dietitian
View All Resources
SPORTS NUTRITION: WHO DELIVERS?
This video can be viewed with the Flash Plugin