Why Choose a Wellness/Cardiovascular Dietitian?
A Wellness/Cardiovascular Dietitian is a registered dietitian who specializes in promoting heart health, wellness, and weight management, through preventive nutrition counseling and medical nutrition therapy.
A Wellness/Cardiovascular Dietitian can help you:
- lose, gain, or maintain a healthy weight
- eat more healthfully
- lower your cholesterol
- manage your blood pressure
- protect bone health
- successfully navigate the aisles of the grocery store by knowing what to look for to make the healthiest food choices
- promote your overall health & well-being
- prevent or reduce your risk for heart disease, cancer, diabetes, GI and other nutrition-related diseases
- develop a personalized eating plan for health and fitness
- improve the health of your employees
- develop a proactive approach to a healthy lifestyle
Dietitians specializing in the areas of Cardiovascular and Wellness nutrition may counsel individuals and families in a clinical or hospital setting; private practice office; corporate wellness, weight management, or cardiac rehab program; fitness center; research center; or military fitness program. They may also serve as a media spokesperson; speak to organizations; serve on advisory boards; consult with food companies, grocery stores or restaurants regarding healthier products or menu items; write consumer or professional educational materials; and/or create newspaper, magazine, and internet articles or blogs.
How can you locate a qualified Wellness/Cardiovascular Dietitian?