How to Become a Member
SCAN is a dietetic practice group (DPG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, therefore you must be a member of the Academy in order to join SCAN. The membership year runs from June 1 through May 31, and SCAN memberships are accepted through the end of January, dues are not pro rated. After signing up with AND you will receive access to the Members-only side of the SCAN website, access to all newsletters and PULSE Publications, and all other electronic messages sent out exclusively to members of SCAN. The process of transferring information from the Academy to SCAN may take up to two weeks.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Associate Membership
An Associate Membership category has been created for individuals who do not meet the requirements for Active, Student, International, or other Academy membership categories, but have an interest in the Academy’s mission and goals. Click here for more information.
Existing Academy Members:
- Go to the the Academy website: http://www.eatright.org/
- At the top of the page, click on the LOG IN/JOIN button
- Enter your Member ID/Username and Password and click on the Login button
- On the left hand side, hold your cursor over ADA Groups and click on Dietetic Practice Groups (DPGs)
- Click on Join a Dietetic Practice Group Now – Online>>
- The page that appears will show your account information.
- Check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Code of Ethics.
- The page that appears will show if your dues are currently paid.
- Click on the box next to Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN)
- Click Continue and proceed with the checkout process
New Academy Members:
- Go the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website: http://www.eatright.org/
- At the top of the page, click on the LOG IN/JOIN button.
- Complete the online application. As part of the process, you will be able to choose membership in one or more Dietetic Practice Groups (DPGs). To join SCAN, click on the box next to Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition.
- If you have any trouble signing up for the SCAN DPG, email email@example.com