- Provide focused leadership and vision for SCAN members as the experts in Wellness/CV dietetics
- Promote and enhance visibility of Wellness/ CV members
- Develop and refine the leadership, media and practice skills of Wellness/CV members and volunteers
- Provide scholarship(s) and awards for SCAN members pursuing Wellness and CV areas within dietetics
- Provide education and administrative assistance to those members interested in pursuing a Board Certified Specialist in Cardiovascular nutrition and/ or Wellness Specialty Credential
- Proactively devote subunit efforts to identify emerging trends within both Wellness/CV to keep SCAN RDs informed
- Communicate research initiatives from the broader community of professionals to SCAN RDs via inclusion of research summaries in the member section of the website, PULSE, Wellness/CV Connection e-newsletter and networking opportunities at FNCE and Symposium
- Empower members to compete in a rapidly changing environment
- Build an aligned, engaged, diverse membership
Membership: Wellness/CV membership is open to all SCAN members at no additional charge as an added benefit to SCAN and ADA membership. Communication with Wellness/ CV members occurs through the SCAN website including Forums, PULSE newsletter, Wellness/CV Connection e-newsletter, Cardiovascular & Wellness Electronic Mailing List, and e-blasts (via email).
How to join Wellness/CV? Sign in to the Member’s area of the SCAN website. Click on My Profile. Click on the Edit button at the bottom. Under Subunits, check the box marked Wellness and Cardiovascular RDs (Wellness/CV). Click Save.