How to Become a Member
SCAN is a dietetic practice group (DPG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, therefore you must be a member of the Academy in order to join SCAN. The membership year runs from June 1 through May 31, and SCAN memberships are accepted through the end of February, dues are not pro rated. After signing up with AND you will receive access to the Members-only side of the SCAN website, a welcome packet including back issues of PULSE, a regular PULSE subscription, and other member mailings and electronic messages. The process of transferring information from the Academy to SCAN may take up to two weeks.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Associate Membership
An Associate Membership category has been created for individuals who do not meet the requirements for Active, Student, International, or other Academy membership categories, but have an interest in the Academy’s mission and goals. Click here for more information.
Existing Academy Members:
- Go to the the Academy website: http://www.eatright.org/
- At the top of the page, click on the LOG IN/JOIN button
- Enter your Member ID/Username and Password and click on the Login button
- On the left hand side, hold your cursor over ADA Groups and click on Dietetic Practice Groups (DPGs)
- Click on Join a Dietetic Practice Group Now – Online>>
- The page that appears will show your account information.
- Check the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Code of Ethics.
- The page that appears will show if your dues are currently paid.
- Click on the box next to Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN)
- Click Continue and proceed with the checkout process
New Academy Members:
- Go the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website: http://www.eatright.org/
- At the top of the page, click on the LOG IN/JOIN button.
- Complete the online application. As part of the process, you will be able to choose membership in one or more Dietetic Practice Groups (DPGs). To join SCAN, click on the box next to Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition.
- If you have any trouble signing up for the SCAN DPG, email firstname.lastname@example.org
SCAN Member Benefits
Connect with other SCAN practitioners, you may join any of all of the following:
Sports Nutrition EML
Disordered Eating Network EML
Cardiovascular & Wellness EML
Expand your client base by personalizing your profile. Members click here for information and instructions about updating your My Profile.
An excellent resource for information on supplements, nutrient interactions and the latest findings in complementary medicine.
FREE subscription to the quarterly newsletter, SCAN’s PULSE. Up to 4 FREE continuing professional education units (CPEU) and now available online. Look for Wellness/CV and SD-USA newsletters quarterly in your email inbox.
Member only rate for the annual SCAN Symposium and many of the SCAN sponsored e-learning activities.
CSSD MENTOR PROGRAM
Mentorship for those working to become Board Certified as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD).
Click here to fill out your form and start volunteering for SCAN.